This document gives the basic information on the ASR6501 that is used in the CubeCell Products, which integrates the PSoC® 4000 series MCU (ARM® Cortex® M0+ Core) and SX126X (the latest Semtech LoRaWAN chip).
The Document provides a list and details of the “AT” commands that the CubeCell Capsule or Dev Board can receive and used to configure the device via a serial connection.
This LoRaWAN Energy Calculator uses as its base the Semtech™ air time formula, and takes account of the following with input in the yellow box only:
• Sensors that are powered on for a limited time with power control,
• Start and End time for the waking of Node from sleep
• The MCU / RX current consumption
• Sleep current
• Tx Power Min and Max
• Payload size total and for the overhead
• Battery capacity- useable
• Min, Avg, and Max SF used
The results provide and estimated energy consumptions based on the respective elements of the usage such as Tx power, the battery life in days and years and airtime usage information such as % Duty-cycle and TTN fair use policy.
Note the maths and cells are protected to limit the changes that can be made in error, and there are a number of estimates made in the sheet to limit the complexity, use as a guide only.